Nothing cuts as smoothly as a band saw. Regarded as one of the most flexible tools by professional and DIY woodcutters, it can fix smooth edges as well as cut irregular shapes with ease. If you’ve been itching to upgrade your woodcutting credentials, read on as we cut through the best band saws for your woodworking arsenal.
Table of contents
- Ryobi 2.5 Amp 9 in. Band Saw
- Wen 3.5 Amp 10 in. 2-Speed Band Saw with Stand and Worklight
- Milwaukee 11 Amp Deep Cut Band Saw with Hard Case
- Milwaukee M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Sub-Compact Band Saw (Tool-Only)
- Dewalt 20-Volt MAX XR Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless Deep Cut Band Saw Kit
- Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Cordless 2.5 in. Portable Band Saw
- Milwaukee M18 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Band Saw Kit with Two 3.0 Ah Batteries
- Milwaukee M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Sub-Compact Band Saw XC Kit
This powerful band saw manufactured by Ryobi, is induced with a 2.5 Amp Induction Motor and state-of-the-art blade tensioning system, making it one of the most favored standing saws by professional and wannabe builders alike. Its strong motor comes with upper and lower blade guides for awesome trimming accuracy.
Here are other features:
- Aluminum table that tilts up to 45 degrees.
- Interior blade wheels that minimize vibration.
- High throat capacity and cutting height.
This 2-Speed band saw is the perfect tool for any woodcutting workshop due to its extremely powerful 3.5 Amp motor. Boasting of a 9-3/4 inch throat and a 72-inch blade, this monster cuts quick and deep in a heartbeat.
Here are a few more features from this beast:
- Produces elaborate and powerful cuts.
- Two-speed motor allows 1520 or 2620 FPM, providing accurate cuts.
- Package includes a work light in the event you decide to work through the night.
This monster from Milwaukee delivers the best bang for your buck with its 11 Amp motor, making it the best in its class when it comes to power. Not only is this deep cut saw durable, but it also provides the largest cut capacity compared to most electric saws at 5” x 5”.
Here are more features from this reliable, all-around-saw:
- An all-metal gearing system permits extended tool life.
- Maintains optimal cutting performance even through difficult applications
- Lightweight at only 14.5 lbs., for maximum efficiency with minimal effort.
Both novice and seasoned woodcutters agree that this is the most compact and lightest cordless saw available. Weighing in at only 6.75 lbs., which is half the weight compared to traditional band saws, it allows for one-handed operation and ease in portability.
Here are more features that make this cordless wonder one of the best band saws ever:
- Performs up to 150 cuts with a single charge of the battery.
- Effortless blade adjustments.
- Better control and increased productivity due to its Dual-Actuation Trigger.
This brushless band saw from one of the pillars of building, DEWALT, can cut up to 5” x 4-3/4”, making everybody know that it is still one of the monsters in the industry. Its motor is built for maximum performance and durability at various speed settings for more control and versatility.
Here are the other features from this pioneer:
- Toolless blade changes.
- Cuts up to 4 inches in round materials.
- LED work light for precision trimming even at night.
A portable band saw that is designed to cut wood as well as metal or plastic, this compact and lightweight trimmer which can cut through 575 surface feet per minute is one of the best band saws available. It has a 2.5-inch cut capacity that runs on the juice of a 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery.
Here are a few more features:
- Durable 18-Volt Charger.
- Two tough and reliable TPI blades
- Lightweight at 9.3 lbs.
Crafted to cut through metal in place, overhead, and tight spaces, this cordless beast provides a fine cut on a variety of materials such as strut, conduit, iron, copper, and rod. It has a 3-1/4” cut capacity in low vibration for precision and control which delivers the cleanest cuts.
Here are more key features:
- LED work light for those darker jobsites.
- Quick and easy blade changes.
- Durable gear case to maintain optimal gear positioning.
This sub-compact band saw from one of the experts in cutting-through technology provides one-handed power and excellent mobility to builders cutting smaller diameter materials. It is capable of performing quick yet precise cuts, 3/4” in 3 seconds, due to its excellent handling and speed trigger.
Here are more key features:
- 150 cuts per battery charge.
- Excellent blade adjustment.
- Compact and lightweight befitting for single-hand use.
Band saws can craft the most elaborate details and curves yet cut through chunks of wood and other materials with accuracy. This list not only highlights the best band saws that you can choose from, but it also proves these power tools’ cutting edge precision.
Mr. ToolPro has been a tinkerer his whole life. He really enjoys fixing up things around the house. Tools are his passion. He enjoys comparing them and finding the best tool for the job.